Freedom Journey


This blog was created on Saturday March 22, 2014, and is geared to folks whose steadfast aim is freedom through learning, teaching and DOING truth. Incorrect beliefs can prevent constructive forward motions. We cannot afford to allow ignorance, pride and stubbornness to keep us deceived.

Refuse to be prisoners of your perceptions. Cast away nonsense traditions. Freedom resides in authentic and proven truths.

REAL truth is freedom!

***
Only GOD is perfect. It's vital to seek the Lord to expose errors. Please ask Him to expose any areas of darkness and for what is necessary to DO to dispossess what's NOT of truth.

***

Copyright 2014 - Content on this blog, except content from the King James Holy Bible, which is in the public domain.

Also, excerpts from the works of other authors here is in compliance with section 107 - Fair Use - of the U.S. Copyright law - and/or by permission of the authors.


Note: You can certainly share content from this blog. At the end of each post, share options -- e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, etc. are listed. Each share option contains a link to this blog. Using the share options shown below each post does NOT violate copyright law - since links to this blog are included in the subject share options.

Additional note: Copyright law does allow others to use, without prior permission from original authors, brief excerpts from the work of original authors. Brief excerpts from this blog may be copied and pasted elsewhere, provided the names of the original authors be included in locations where you choose to post. Copying and pasting elsewhere - ENTIRE posts without the permission of original authors ISN'T in compliance with U.S. Copyright law.

If you elect to go beyond brief excerpts from this blog, please use the share options shown after each post. All of those options include links to this blog.

Thank you.

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Why Is That a Sin?

Hi - 

Some may wonder why some Christians don’t watch horror movies and some do.  I know of a  Christian who views horror movies.  Years ago, our Lord told me NOT to watch horror movies, so for me, it is sin.  Why don’t some Christians attend certain “clean” events while others freely go?  Why do some Christians drink wine and others don’t indulge in alcohol consumption?  One main answer is -- if the Holy Spirit tells us NOT to do WHATEVER and we do it anyway, it is sin.

I don’t drink alcohol or wine.  Actually, when I was in the world, I wasn’t a liquor drinker -- only partook a few times -- did wine and beer a bit more but not 
much . . .  I’ve learned to be better tuned to the will of the Lord.  Do I sometimes miss the mark?  Yes, of course -- we all do -- but more and more I miss it less because the Holy Spirit’s conviction and rebuke grieves me deeply.  My sins grieve God and when He’s grieved, my spirit aches.  Yes, our sins deeply grieve our Lord and when we abide in Him, we desire to steadfastly please Him.  

Years ago, a particular lesson taught me to obey our Lord, regardless of who is involved.  One Saturday, our Lord told me to stay home to commune with Him.  Well, my close Christian friend called and invited me to go out with her and to spend some time at her house.  I rationalized it and thought something like, “She’s a strong Christian.  What could be wrong with going out with her and spending time at her home?” Our Lord had already told me to stay in to commune with Him.  Long story short . . . I disobeyed . . . and while she and I were out, our Lord allowed something to occur that hurt my heart deeply.  As soon as it happened, our Lord told me that He allowed it because He’d told me to stay home to commune with Him.  I quickly repented and became more mindful to obey our Lord.

Yes, the Holy Bible tells us what is sin . . . but also the Holy Spirit tells us what is sin.  Woe to us if we disobey, especially as the time gets shorter . . .

The Acts 16: 6 - . . . forbidden of the Holy Ghost . . .

The Acts 16: 7 - . . . but the Spirit suffered them not.

The Acts 5:29 - Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

Written January 20, 2013

###

If you're inclined to read this blog's entire content, here's the link www.missioneagles.blogspot.com